Run with Undine
The Undine Fire Company is one of two fire companies under the Bellefonte Fire Department. We proudly provide Fire Police, EMS Assistance, Rescue Squad / Heavy Rescue services, Engine Company services, and Truck Company services. Our bond is a desire to roll out during emergencies when the alarm sounds, drop whatever we are doing, respond to the fire station for necessary equipment and "Run as One."
We are actively recruiting members for the following positions:
- Firefighter / Rescue:
- Interior - Participates in interior firefighting operations.
- Exterior - Participates in a support role.
- Fire Police: Control traffic flow to provide emergency vehicles with a quick, safe entrance and exit to the incident by halting traffic, blocking a road, or detour.
- Junior Firefighters: Serves as a program to encourage and prepare youths within the fire and emergency services community.
- Non-Emergency (Admin & Support): Help with fundraising, fire prevention events, and community outreach/engagement.
We encourage all prospective members to review the information on this page before submitting the interest form. We are excited to see that you are interested in volunteering with us.
Training Courses Available to you as a New Member:
- Completion of Pennsylvania Essentials of Firefighting Course
- Pennsylvania Hazardous Materials “Operations” Level Course
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) Courses 100, 200, 700 and 800
Training and mentoring in all positions focus on building professional first responders. Our commitment to you prepares you for success in the fire service and life.
The Undine Fire Company provides opportunities for the Bellefonte youth to learn and prepare to become a firefighter.
Undine's leadership focuses on teaching teamwork, community involvement, pride, leadership and respect for the community. Junior Firefighters learn basic firefighting skills and how to apply those skills and values to their daily routines while gaining real-world experience as they observe and assists firefighters in a non-hazardous capacity.